Saturday, January 5, 2019

Distinct and Different in Happy Ways

OBJECTIVE: How to be distinct and different from the world and how that helps us be happy as women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sister Maggie McGavin



I have lived in California most of my life, but I was born and raised in my home country of Colombia where I majored in preschool education. Living in a family with little means, and as one of twelve children, I learned the importance of dedication and hard work from the examples of my parents. I first came across the gospel when I was a teenager, and I was baptized shortly thereafter at the age of 19 by the best missionary ever- who would eventually become my husband! Lloyd and I got married in my hometown in August of 1984. I came to the US in December of that year to Northern Idaho (I had never seen snow before!). I worked at the University of Idaho providing translation and product testing for an early computer program to teach Spanish. We were sealed a year later in the Seattle Temple. We moved to California in 1987 where we started our family and I have been in the Arcadia stake ever since. In 34 years of marriage we have been blessed with four children, and four grandchildren (one passed on) they are my world! I love reading the scriptures, cooking, cake decorating, teaching and playing with my grandkids. The last 34 years, I have served as Primary President, Young Women President, counselor in Relief Society Presidency, and counselor in the Stake Young Women Presidency, among other callings. I am currently serving as the Seminary Teacher for Temple City High School students.

No comments:

Post a Comment