Wednesday, August 18, 2021

I was raised in the Arcadia Ward from Sunbeams to marriage. I then lived all over the country with my

husband Mike and our 3 children but finally made it back to Arcadia exactly 10 years ago! (Aug. 11) We have a 3 generation family in the Arcadia house that I grew up in right now….mom and dad (Mike and Jeannie Vercillo), Mike and I, and Jillian who just graduated from BYUI. It’s a house full of love and fun and a bit crazy too; but I wouldn’t have it any other way. My favorite thing is when we are all together: the 5 of us plus my older kids and the 2 most adorable grandkids ever, eating and sharing stories around the dinner table.  When I’m not eating with my family I enjoy reading, crocheting and have recently picked up pickle ball with friends from the ward! I’ve been a dental hygienist for 33 years and I’ve been known to incorporate flossing into a seminary lesson any way possible. I attended Arcadia High School seminary in the very same building I teach in now, where I also was occasionally late and hung out with friends in the foyer before school. I guess that’s going full circle, right? My husband is also a seminary graduate as are all three of our kids. Even though all 5 of us admit it was tough to do, we all felt the Spirit, a sense of accomplishment, and the love of our teachers. I hope to pay that forward to the students of our amazing Arcadia High Seminary Class again this year live and in person! Yay!  Jacquie Moore - Arcadia Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment