Saturday, August 14, 2021

Karen Schultz - Monrovia Ward

My family and I have been in Monrovia since 2007. I"m originally from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA and

lived there til going to BYU. I served a mission in Honduras and loved the people and the food! I worked in Import/Export as a licensed customs broker for about 17 yrs. At 42 I was in the middle of adopting a baby girl from Nepal when I was introduced to Phil Schultz and within 3 mos we were engaged and within 6 months were married and the parents of a 15 month old! In 2013 we welcomed another daughter into our family who was a teen, Darla Hernandez. We officially adopted her in 2016. My husband, Phil, has 2 adult sons from a previous marriage who are great men and wonderful big brothers. I love the gospel, and the spirit I feel in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. We're all imperfect beings struggling to be better Christians, but in the process we can experience joy and meaning that the world alone can never provide. I was recently called as the Monrovia Ward Relief Society President and look forward to serving the sisters there and I am excited to continue as a seminary teacher and team teach with Melody Simmons in the Monrovia/Duarte Seminary as we finish up the Doctrine and Covenants this fall.  Karen Schultz - Monrovia Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment