Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Carol Cramer - Arcadia Ward - Why I Love General Conference

I’ve always loved General Conference!  In Utah my family would gather around the living room radio to listen.  Of course I’d “drift off” sometimes and then could hear Mom call my name!  “I’m still listening” I’d tell her!  To stay awake we’d take our dresser drawers one by one into the living room to clean them out, fold clothes better, etc.  Often my sisters and I would embroider on dish towels or pillow cases to keep us awake.  Black and white TV made “listening and seeing” so wonderful!  Color TV was the ultimate!  So sad when we moved to California and couldn’t get TV or radio broadcast (1964) except via a side-band radio which we didn’t have.  Often Oral Petty would invite me to her home to see Conference on their cable TV.  Such a blessing now to watch and listen here at home.  Each message a treasure just for me!  Happy General Conference!  Carole Cramer - Arcadia Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment