Friday, October 1, 2021

Why I Love Conference - Adelaide Linford - Temple City Ward

Hi, I am Adelaide Linford from Temple City Ward.  I always look forward to General

Conference.  It is one of my favorite weekends as I love to hear the words of our prophet and all the other General Authorities.   I keep a journal with notes from each talk and their inspiring words are a great source of comfort and peace to me to look back on until the next conference.

My husband and I were married on the Thursday before General Conference in Oct of 1963.  I had just started teaching school so we couldn’t get away for a honeymoon, so we spent the weekend in our apartment listening to conference.  We made a coffee cake recipe from the back of the Bisquick box.  Over the years we have slightly adapted it and changed the name to Conference cake. Now it has become a favorite tradition with my children and grandchildren on conference morning and they all look forward to eating it and watching conference together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment