Wednesday, January 3, 2018

"With a Firm Determination" Alma 49:13

Teaching the Doctrine of the Family


We are so excited to have this Mother/Daughter duo teaching our class on families!!

Jennifer Menlove - Monrovia Ward
I have lived in Monrovia California my entire life!  My childhood was perfect with riding bikes around the neighborhood, picking fruit off the trees in our backyard, walking often to school and being cared for by goodly parents.  A few years after I graduated high school I married my amazing husband, Ryan, in the Los Angeles Temple.  He was also born and raised in Monrovia!  We will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year!  I received my multiple subject teaching credential from Cal Poly Pomona and immediately began teaching 1st grade in none other than a Monrovia School!  I taught full-time for 4 years before I had my daughter Allison.  This was a joyous and trying time as I lost my dad suddenly to cancer just 2 months after she was born.  We then lost Ryan's dad 2 months after my dad passed away.  The circle of life is an amazing thing.  Two years later I had my son Zachary and two years after that my son Joshua.  These kids are the light of my life!  I now teach kindergarten part time at the same elementary school my husband and I attended and I love it!  I also attend the same ward I went to as a little girl and I love the spirit and people who reside there.  I have served in Relief Society, Primary and currently in Young Women.  You can definitely say I'm home-grown through and through!



Sue Graham - Monrovia Ward
 
I'm a California girl - born and raised!  I was christened in the Catholic church and later baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints thanks to the love of my life, Charlie Graham.  We spent nearly 30 years together until he passed away suddenly from pancreatic cancer in 2003.  We have 5 children who are the joy of our lives.  When they were all at home we cooked, played and prayed together and made good memories.  I am grateful for the gospel in knowing that our family can be together again.  In my free time I love hanging out with my children, their amazing spouses and my beautiful 18 grandchildren.  You can find me pushing them on the swing, doing a little Facetime for lunch and giving them cookies when their Mommy and Daddy aren't looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment