Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Jessica Barney -  The Precious Fruit (and vegetables) brought forth from the Sun - Deut 33:14

I’m Jessica Barney and I’m from the Valley View Ward. I was born in Provo, Utah but I did most of my growing up in St Louis, MO. In 2005, I moved to Orem, Utah and met (my now husband) Jared. He was cute and fun and always willing to stop what he was doing to help someone in need. In 2006 we were married in the San Diego Temple.  Jared grew up in El Monte and it is where we settled down. We feel fortunate to live next door to his childhood home. We were excited to start a family but struggled with infertility and learned I have severe internal damage due to an accident I was involved in at the age of 4. We were good candidates for IVF though and at the end of 2011 became pregnant with twin boys. We lost one of those boys, Michael, at 18 weeks gestation and at 27 weeks, Wyatt was born. He was born with a rare skin condition called Ichthyosis and spent 15.5 weeks at CHLA. In 2014 we welcomed Duke into our family and I was simultaneously informed I could not have anymore children. Though we had always wanted a big family, we are so very grateful for our little family. My passions in life are family, true friends, nature and emergency preparedness. I also love to garden, cook, read and play the piano.  My current calling is Relief Society President. I am new to this calling but am quickly finding my footing as I learn how to serve the women in our ward. I have a testimony in our savior Jesus Christ and in the power and blessings that can come from listening to promptings from the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment