Friday, December 29, 2023

JOY IN MOVING YOUR BODY - Lindsay Merrill

Lindsay is from the Duarte Ward and will be teaching the Joy in Moving Your Body Class.  " My name is Lindsay Merrill. I’m a mom of three little boys, a math teacher by training, and am currently a math-curriculum writer. I’m excited to teach about the joy of moving your body at Women’s Conference! I spent far too many years of my life thinking I had to exercise to earn my food, that I had to exercise to punish my body for its imperfections, or that I had to exercise to try to shrink and look a particular way to be accepted. After some significant health challenges during the years I had my babies, I had to shift my whole paradigm about my body and the role that movement and exercise play in my well-being. I’m happy (and relieved) that now I have a good relationship with my body. I’m grateful for how it allows me to experience life. Exercise is a way that I take care of my body and help it heal from years of difficulties. It’s a way that I use my body to improve my mental health. It’s an insurance policy I use to try to have many years ahead of wrestling with my boys and experiencing my life to its fullest! Being strong is fun… and I don’t mind taking up some space. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment