Saturday, January 5, 2019

“Do not make the mistake of being drawn off into secondary tasks which will cause the neglect of your eternal assignments. We need women who can detect deception in all its forms, women who know how to make important things happen by their faith.”




OBJECTIVE: How not to get distracted by the things of this world and how the Spirit can help us detect deception in all its forms.  This class will be taught in Mandarin.

Lana Christensen

 I was born and raised in Mainland China until I was 24, when I came to the United States to go to school.  I joined the church in 1996 primarily based on a message that families could be together forever and I missed my family.  Three years later, I met my husband and we sealed in the Los Angeles Temple.  After 19 years of marriage, we now have four children ages 17, 14, 12 and 10.  Our youngest child has been a handful with her Down syndrome, but at times, all of my kids have had their own special needs.  I received an electrician and English certificates before I left China.  I then started AA in accounting at PCC once I arrived in California.  It took me awhile to complete, which I did in 2008, after 12 years of on an off schooling.  More recently, I have begun the Pathways program with a desire to complete a bachelor’s degree in accounting through BYU Idaho.  I have served in the Sunday School, Young Women, and more recently the Primary.  I love my family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and through the years and callings, my testimony has grown from my early days in the church, over 20 years ago and I have become a stronger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment